I've recently attended an event organized for the first time in Romania and entitled Digital Marketing Forum (website/blog). It was an event that brought together lots of people working in the online business, from bloggers to CEO's of internet companies [not that the two couldn't be one & the same :)]
I only attended SESSION IV: 16.00 - 17.00
Interactive solutions to promote your business.
- Search Engine Optimization - How does it help me?
- Blogs - Why bet on blogging?
- Text Ads - An effective alternative at a small price?
- Viral - How to start a chain reaction
- Cristian Mezei, Internet Marketing Specialist, Kondiment
- Madalin Matica, Director for European Operations, DotCommerce
- Doru Panaitescu, Director of New Media, Initiative Romania
Dragos Novac, Managing Partner, Krogos
Well, I read Cristian Mezei's name as "mezel" (Romanian for sausage & salami kind of products), maybe also linking it to his company's name ("Kondiment"). I was also a bit hungry, why not admit it. But when he started speaking, I forgot all about hunger & stuff, fascinated by what he had to say about search engine optimization and online ad-placing. Though very technical, his speech was extremely interesting and useful and I really hoped to find the presentation online on the event website, but this hasn't happened so far. I googled him when I got back to work and found out he was born on March 26th, 1983, which means he's two days younger than my brother. OMG, I feel so old!
And I really think it's high time my brother started his successful manager career, because I'm obviously not cut out for this. With a little luck I might end up being a successful writer or University professor. It's what I like best!